Retailer X operates two retail outlets: Outlet 1 and Outlet 2
The retailer X should apply for issuing of three (3) identifier codes:
Code 1: for the retailer X (as an operator of retail outlets);
Code 2: for Outlet 1;
Code 3: for Outlet 2.
According to Article 35u of the Act on Tobacco and on Tobacco and Related Products, the Printing Works of the Bulgarian National Bank AD is appointed to be the ID issuer for Bulgaria. The registration system will be active from 15.04.2019.
In order to register, retailers need to submit an online application via the web-based system available on the following web address: www.bgtpd.com
3. To be able to receive identifier codes, the economic operators and operators of retail outlets shall meet the following conditions:
3.1. The retailers shall have a permit to trade with tobacco products and shall be registered into the public registry maintained by the Customs Agency (the Registry of the Tobacco Products Trading Companies available on the Customs Agency web page)
3.2. The retailers shall have a valid qualified electronic signature* issued to the retailer, or to a duly authorized person (e.g. servicing accountancy firm).
The authorized person shall have a power of attorney to register the retailer into the tobacco products tracking and tracing system in the form available in the system. The signed power of attorney shall be uploaded as a file into the system by the authorized person carrying out the registration.
3.3. The retailers shall have a valid email address, where they will receive the system registration confirmation.
3.4. The retailers shall submit a valid contact phone number.
3.5. The retailers shall submit an excise number (if any)
4. After the successfully submission of the application for issuing economic operator or operator of retail outlet identifier number, the retailers shall receive an identifier code, as well as a QR code containing the identifier code on the submitted valid email address.
5. Detailed Guidelines for working with the system can be found on the above mentioned web address: www.bgtpd.com
6. Issuing of identifier codes to retailers and retail outlets is free of charge.
* The used electronic signature shall meet the requirements of the Electronic Document and Electronic Trust Services Act and the provision of Article 3 (12) of Regulation (EU) No 910/2014 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 23 July 2014. The electronic signatures for natural persons or legal entities shall be issued by the registered suppliers of trust services. In Bulgaria, there are several companies licensed to perform trust services by the Communications Regulation Commission in accordance with the provisions of the Electronic Document and the Electronic Signature Act.